Call for Artists
ORGANIZATION: The ACT Art Gallery
DEADLINE FOR submissions: WEDNESDAY, March 29, 2017
CALL FOR WOOD ARTISTS DESCRIPTION:
The ACT Art Gallery is seeking submissions from BC wood artists/artisans for its upcoming exhibition,
WOOD + WOOD FIRED, which will open on April 29 and run through June 20, 2017.
This juried exhibition will feature objects made from wood: furniture, kitchen utensils, fine art, turned wood – the choice is yours. Integrated with the wood display will be a collection of wood-fired ceramics by Maple Ridge potter, Mark Tigges. This collection will be the only ceramics included in the exhibition.
The intent of this juried show is to reveal the enduring beauty and versatility of wood. Beyond this premise, the overall aesthetic and architecture of the exhibition will ultimately be shaped by the collection of work that is juried into the display. The jurors will be looking for evidence of fine craftsmanship and design principles and, in functional objects, evidence of stability and durability.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications may be submitted online below OR print out and complete this form and include 3 to 7 images on a USB stick or disk and address it to The ACT Art Gallery, 11944 Haney Pl, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 6G1. Emailed submissions will not be accepted. If you would like your USB returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your submission.
Please ensure that photos do not exceed 5 megabytes each.
All submissions must include:
- 3 (minimum) to 7 (maximum) images of the object(s) to be submitted
- descriptions of the artwork (size, type of wood (if known), method of construction/creation, and year of completion and number of pieces available
- A bio detailing your background in working with wood and
any previous displays in which you have participated.
All artwork must be :
- Entirely original (ie, not copied or created from a kit or design).
- Created during the last two years.
- Sized to fit through a standard double door.
- At least 90% comprised of wood.
- If two dimensional, fully prepared for hanging.
- Submitted by the artist (ie, not family or collectors).
Artwork that does not meet these specifications may be declined at any stage including the date of delivery.
By entering this call, permission is given to The ACT Art Gallery and The ACT Arts Council to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, and to use any submitted photographs for similar purposes.
For further information, or to have submission forms emailed to you, contact the curator, Barbara Duncan at email@example.com or by telephone at 604-476-4240.